These tips are no myths. Anti-ageing guru Henry S Lodge has found proven ways to retain your youthfulness and lead a healthier and fuller life. Read through these tips and learn news ways to add years – to your life!
- It is recommended that if you exercise for more than two hours per week. If you engage in physical activity for another two hours on top of that, you are up 30% in your mortality rate for the next 20 years, compared to doing less exercise or none at all. Exercise can be in the form of dancing, surfing or light jogging. These activities help lower risks such as blood pressure.
- Your body mass index should be under 25. Women who include physical activities into their daily lives have a BMI between 18.5 and 22.9. These women compared to the sedentary, overweight women are less likely to be ravaged with life threatening illnesses. Excess fat deposits can lead to the risk of cancer and other health issues chocolate slim cena. So be sure and keep active.
- One’s waist circumference should be ideally less than 35 inches. If your waist is more than 37.7 inches it increases mortality risks compared to the 23% decrease in people with smaller waistlines. Stick to yoghurt and avocadoes if you want to shrink your protruding middle.
- The level of cholesterol should be less than 200mg/dl. If your level of cholesterol is 240mg/dl or more your health risks are twice as high as someone with less than 200. Cholesterol levels above 160 are considered high and can lead to heart disease and an increased risk of strokes.
- Ensure you include at least 25g of fibre to your daily diet. Each time you add 10 grams of fibre, the risk of coronary death decreases by 17%. Good sources of fibre are found in 1 cup raspberries (8g) and lentils (7.8g).
- Try to get as much as 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night. If you sleep for less than 6 hours, there is a 12% chance you may die earlier than when getting a full 8-hour nap at night. Less sleep only leads to weight gain, moodiness and havoc on hormones.
- One’s blood pressure should be under 120/80mm/HG. If blood pressure statistics stand at 120/80 and 139/89 this indicates pre-hypertension. This condition, however, can be reversed as long as you opt to engage in weight management habits. A number higher than this such as 140/90 can mean hypertension. This means that you will have to attend regular check ups at the doctor.
- You should have pets – at least one! It is said that cat owners have a 40% lower disk of coronary disease than non-owners. Canines and felines are known to bring fun, laughter and happiness. If you are not willing or able to bring a pet into your home why not volunteer at the animal shelter instead.
- Avoid popping too many vitamins. Vitamins A and E, as indicated by studies, increase the mortality risk by 16%. Protect your natural defence mechanism instead of by getting your nutrients from a natural, rich diet.
- Avoid smoking at all cost. Smoking is a killer and leads to cancer, lung disease and diabetes.
Only a well-informed person is able to make smart choices and it is the choices that we make, each and every day, that determine how happy and successful we are in life.